Photobucket

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mean Customers

How was everyone's Valentine's Day?
Good?
Well I spent mine working all day :)
And proud of it
Like I mentioned before I'm now officially a Deli Clerk at Publix.
And yesterday I worked from 3 to 12.
Well at least that's what my schedule said. But I was able to get out at 11, 
which is when Publix closes.
It was pretty interesting. The people I was working with were really nice to me.
They understood I was completely new and they didn't put any pressure on me at all.
This one woman that I work with, I forget her name,
I felt she was rushing me a lot.
Her reason was because supposedly on Sundays 
the deli get's pretty hectic.
But I'm new!
& you're going to rush me using the meat slicer?!
You crazy?
She told me to hurry up a lot.
But I kept my mouth shut, as always.
Overall, I had a good day for my first day at work.
When it reached 11, it was like a beam of light came from the sky.
I was so excited to go home and literally jump in my bed.
Let's talk about the customers shall we.
Most of 'em grilled the crap out of me like the look on their face
looked like they were thinking "What are you doing back there?"
They probably thought I was like 12 or something.
But I bet I proved 'em wrong when I was cutting their meat.
But why can't customers see it like that.
I'M cutting their meat. I'M doing them a favor.
They don't seem pretty appreciated.
But I guess that's life.
 This one man was standing there, I walked up to him and said 
"Hello sir, can I get you anything?"
He just looked at me.
No smile, no smirk.
Just straight up staring at me.
I didn't know what to say so I was just looking at him.
Finally he said "Um I guess you can.."
My manager said "Don't worry I'm watching him."
So after I cut this rude man's meat,
My manager told me
"Kyle, do not let this guy get to you. Don't let anyone get to you.
Take your time, you're going to be getting a lot of a**holes for customers."
For the first three hours I was pretty nervous, I felt so pressured with the customers.
When I went on my lunch break, I called my friend.
I was basically venting to him telling him how I felt with the customers.
He told me 
"They're just people, like you and me. Don't worry, you'll get used to it and start realizing, You're the one cutting their meat. So even if they're being mean and rude, you can take your sweet time doing them a favor."
Makes sense to me. 
I guess it is just something I'm going to have to get used to, like everything else I start.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment