Photobucket

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Big Change

One of the biggest changes I had to make in my life was moving from New York all the way down south to sunny Florida. Not only is the weather different, I live in an acreage area, I feel like a kid lost in the middle of the forest living here. 
There are so many trees, ditches filled with dirty water, who knows what's in there. I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining but someone can honestly commit murder and get away with it here. Seriously, they can kill someone, throw them either in a ditch or in an area with mostly trees and long grass and they would be fine. But let's not get carried away here. I do enjoy the heat over here. Rather that then be freezing right? The summers can be brutal though. 
Though I've only lived here for about a year and some months. Oh and don't get me started on the drivers here. New York drivers aren't safe as much as any other drivers but at least they know how to drive and what NOT to do. I guess changing lanes and turning without putting your signal on is legal here. 
Who knew? 
So yeah, weather, drivers and palm trees would be the big difference here.
I do enjoy seeing palm trees; it feels very tropical being surrounded by them. I mean my dream is to live in California so I'm hoping to see a lot more in my future :).
Oh, yeah and my mom got married down here so basically I have another "family". 
They are wonderful people and were very welcoming when I first moved down here, don't get me wrong, but it is nothing but drama drama drama with them. Something new every single day.
Imagine living like that, coming to a world where you're involved in other people's problems every day.
I try my best to stay away from it.
Seems like the best way to stay away from it is literally staying away. I feel sometimes they think I don't like them. 
In New York, my family was close. We didn't go to each other's house like every single day just to sit and stare at each other’s faces and talk smack about each other though.
Is it wrong for me to say it gets pretty annoying hearing my doorbell ring everyday, especially during times when you just want to lay in your bed and relax? But nooo, Cubans just barge right in and say everyone's name very loudly like they didn't see them the day before. Lol
Like I said I like my mom's husband's side of the family, but it just makes me miss my New York family ten times more.
I'm Puerto Rican and Italian by the way, in case any one was wondering.
:D



No comments:

Post a Comment